Real Estate and Construction Update
Big news out in Little Valley, lots of proposals on the table to help keep Southern Utah growing, and much more happening in every corner of the county. Check out what is new down below and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Crimson Corner- retail complex on the corner of 3000 E. and Crimson Ridge Dr. will have 8 retail spaces. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon. A café and a bakery have already signed, with more in the works.
- New park in Little Valley- across the other side of 3000 E., on Crimson Ridge, will be a brand new park.
- Pho Vietnamese Cuisine- Promenade at Red Cliffs next to Durangos
- New Bike trail being created out by Desert Canyons neighborhood next to the airport
- Blue Butterfly House- opens this month on the 16th at 166 N. 300 W. in downtown St. George. This is a facility where parents required to have supervised visits, but whose cases aren’t handled by the state, can spend quality time with their children. For more info click on this link https://www.bluebutterflyhouse.org/
- Verizon store- under construction on sunset blvd next to Tag N Go
- 700 Degree Artisan Pizza- opening this month on Sunset Blvd! Check out their FB for more info https://www.facebook.com/700degreepizza/
- Zeppes- moved their location from Sunset Blvd. to 700 S. down the street from Harmons where Roy’s Pizza used to be.
- Oral & Facial Surgery Institute- they are building a new office on Riverside just west of the Post Office. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon.
- River Front Medical Center update: Construction end date is projected for July 1st, and most of the building is already full. Desert Pain, St George Orthopedic Spine, and FIT Physical Therapy are a few of the businesses that will be going in. More to come soon!
- Taco Bell- now open!
- “Long Valley” area in Washington City- annexation proposal has been approved by the City Council. This would add 1,524 acres into the city. More info here. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/04/12/mgk-washington-city-approves-annexation-proposal-for-long-valley-area/
- Northern Corridor proposal- A road going from exit 13 to the backside of Red Hills Parkway has been proposed that will be a big addition for the infrastructure of St George. More info here https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/03/26/utah-northern-corridor-red-cliffs-desert-reserve-washington-county/459062002/
- 52 acre park in Santa clara Hills has been proposed that will include a disc golf course, climbing boulders, and a bike pump track, trails and more. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/04/16/srr-now-is-the-time-to-comment-on-the-proposed-52-acre-recreation-park-in-santa-clara/
- Best Western is now open!
St. George area
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Desert Color- A big shopping complex along with a sports complex, hotels, and 11,000 homes are on their way just off exit 2 as you come into town. Big Shots Golf Center (a mini Top Golf) was approved and will begin construction sometime this year. Paparazzi Accessories is building a new facility and dirt is currently under construction. Dirt is being moved for residential and commercial spaces and we should be hearing more soon. For more details, give me a call.
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company– Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Now open!
- Terrible’s Herbst gas station- now under construction next to the Hampton Inn.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center
Exit 4 (Bloomington):
- Desert Hills Plaza- 20,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 54 townhomes across from Desert Hills High School. So far they’ve got KB Express for the gas station, 1 franchise signed, and another one is close. I’ll post more when I know more!
Exit 6 (Bluff St.):
- Commerce Pointe- the newest development being created in town is now underway! Exit 6 will be getting a big retail development across from Black Bear Diner and McDonalds. Maverick is currently under construction on the corner and more is soon to come.
- My Place Suites– now under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Staybridge Hotel– under construction across from Furniture Row.
- Tru by Hilton– under construction across from Furniture Row also.
- Findlay car dealership– under construction.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open soon! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/873067001
- Riverfront Medical Center- On Riverside Dr behind Cox Landing. Under Construction
- Tech Ridge- Dixie Tech School is finished and open. Busy Busy, Printer Logic, and Zonos are the 3 local tech companies leading the way with the city and will be the first companies up on the hill. There are rumors that there is a growing list of interested companies will follow suit. The first building is scheduled to be done in the spring of next year. As I get more information, I will continue to update as this is the absolute most exciting project for Southern Utah. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/02/03/st-george-strikes-deal-tech-ridge/300797002/
- City View downtown development- officially broken ground! The first mixed-used retail/apartment complex and underground parking garage will be finished by late fall/early winter this year and then the second complex along with “The Advenire” hotel is slated to finish in the spring of 2019. More info here http://stgeorgenews.com/news/archive/2017/12/22/mgk-40-million-city-view-project-breaks-ground-in-heart-of-st-george/#.Wj2vFm5lCEc
- Joule Plaza- new development across the courthouse will feature 197 luxury apartments and 19,000 sq ft of retail/office space. Will be finished in 2019.
- Green Gate Village- This plaza has been completely revived and it is such a cool downtown spot. Scout Cloth, Chef Alfredo, Twisted Silver, The Barber, and My Little Moon are now in business there.
- Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
- Café Sabor– 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Now OPEN.
- Food Truck Park- this is in the works of becoming a reality that would be a BIG addition to downtown St. George http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/03/11/jcw-city-mulls-putting-food-truck-park-in-place-of-decrepit-homes-next-to-st-george-library/#.WqXEum5MGEc
- Vernon Worthern Park- renovation is complete. Go check out the new toys at the park!
- Red Rock Auto Sales- next to 3 Amigos Market on Bluff St. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon.
- Morty’s Café- under construction on the corner of St. George Blvd. and 700 E. where the Maverick used to be. Will be completed this summer.
- Jamba Juice- Now OPEN in front of Lowe’s.
- Pieology- Now OPEN and it is absolutely worth the long line!
- Target- remodel is under construction and will be finished soon. Part of the remodel is a new Starbucks inside.
- Hospital- the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S by Summit
- Popeyes- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College– under construction
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)- in negotiating
- People’s Town and Country Bank- In permitting process
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- The last spaces have been filled. One of them is My Wireless Doctor which is a phone screen repair business. The other is an Urgent Care. They are both now open!
- Fiiz Drinks
- Crimson Pharmacy
- Hustle Sports Nutrition
- Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr
- Beans & Brews– now open!
- Orange Peel- now under construction.
- Stone Canyon Eye Care– under construction. Coming soon!
- ACE Hardware– construction is underway
- A new building just broke ground for more businesses to come!
- Dino Dash Car Wash- under construction
Red Cliffs Dr:
- Promenade at Red Cliffs- Love your bath & body- new store next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love. It’s now open!
- Red Cliffs Mall- H&M coming to the Red Cliffs Mall! This could be big news for the mall. Construction should be underway soon.
- Sunset Blvd:
- 700 degrees pizza- opening in May!
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Mountain bike park is finally on its way. 60 acres across from Snow Canyon High, in the Sand Hollow wash, will turn into jumps and tracks. This will be huge for the mountain biking community. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/11/16/mgk-20-acres-of-biking-bliss-complete-with-jumps-tracks-and-flows-should-start-taking-shape-in-the-new-year/#.Wg9yVcanGUl
Dixie State University:
- Student housing on 100 S. is complete and now in use.
- More student housing is being built on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. Should be completed by the next school year.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
- There has been a new underpass proposed that would help with the student traffic at the college tremendously. The tunnel would be beneath I-15 at about 400 South. This would allow students that live on the east side of the freeway to cross over without having to jam up 100 South and 700 South. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/02/06/15-underpass-near-dixie-state-proposed/311997002/
Washington City area
- Splash City Adventure Park- sign is up! Here is a link to see what it’s supposed to look like https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/water-park-a1.jpg
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Under construction.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Pine View 10 Plaza– a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile is now OPEN and Brent’s Pharmacy is just about there!
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
- Official Strength and Athletics– now open! Personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Flavor of Seoul- Korean restaurant now open. It is located at 568 W. Telegraph Rd #8 in Washington.
- Tag N’ Go Car Wash- in the works of putting another location that will be right across from Costco. No start time has been determined yet, but will be happening soon.
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black Bear Diner is under construction and more businesses will follow suit. Stay tuned!
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future. It will be an “experience” type complex combining activities and businesses for an all-in-one place for families. There will be an amphitheater, park, and museum along with retail shops and restaurants. There is space for 7 sit-down restaurants and 7 drive-thrus, along with 137 tenant spaces. Names can’t be disclosed yet but there are talks in progress of a grocery store that will anchor this development. More will be known in the next few months.
- Mountain America Credit Union- now open!
- Simister Ortho and Riverside Dental– will break ground on a building next to Mountain America and Lin’s. No timeframe confirmed yet but this is great news for people out in the fields.
- The Fields at Mall Dr. commercial plaza- A new professional commercial plaza will be underway in the near future. It is directly north of Lin’s out in the fields. Stay tuned for updates!
- Crimson Intermediate, Middle School, and High School- under construction. Middle school and Intermediate schools will ope
n fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
Santa Clara/Ivins area
Harmon’s Complex on Rachel Dr:
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Now open!
- Capriotti’s sandwich store and the Pet Shop- expected to submit their plans soon.
- Mountain America Credit Union- building across the street is nearly complete and will open soon.
- new 5 star resort going in next to Tuacahn. More info here http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
Kayenta Center for the Arts:
- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here kayentaarts.com
- New interactive park with water features:
Hurricane/La Verkin/Toquerville area
- LA Quinta Inn & Suites- now open!
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane– on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- Wyndham hotel- will be going under construction south of the Farmers Market in La Verkin
- Cliff Rose Lodge & Gardens- currently being renovated into a 4 diamond resort that will feature upgrades to all the rooms, new suites, a spa, and a bigger restaurant. It’ll be the first 4 diamond resort in Springdale.
- Canyon Ranch hotel- has been torn down and is being replaced with a Best Western in Springdale
- Marriott hotel- underway in Virgin with more development out there coming soon.
New multi-family apartments and townhomes complexes:
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex– 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments– Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community– townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes– Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. More info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
- Red Mountain Vistas- another luxury townhome complex down the street from Blackhawk Townhomes that will break ground in the next few months.
Residential Building Report
We have had 768 residential building permits pulled so far this year. We have a large number of lots being developed right now so we should be seeing more and more come available the next few months. Here is what was recorded in the month of April!
New residential subdivisions recorded in April:
- City View
- Sugar Plum in the Fields Ph 4
- Terraces at Green Spring Ph 4
- Indigo Trails Ph 1-C and 1-D
- Rosewood Estates Ph 1
- Rosewood Estates Ph 4
- Sky Ridge Ph 12
- Brio Ph 3C
- Taviawk Ph 9-D
- If you’d like a plat map of any of these new developments, please let me know!
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770