2018 has arrived! What a year 2017 was. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with each of you, and look forward to another amazing year. With the new year comes some great news for a number of new developments around the county. Check out what is new down below and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started. Happy New Year!
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Commerce Pointe- the newest development being created in town is now underway! Exit 6 will be getting a big retail development across from Black Bear Diner and McDonalds. A Maverick is currently under construction on the corner and more is soon to come.
City View downtown development- officially broken ground! The first mixed-used reatail/apartment complex and underground parking garage will be finished by late fall/early winter this year and then the second complex along with “The Advenire” hotel is slated to finish in the spring of 2019. More info here http://stgeorgenews.com/news/archive/2017/12/22/mgk-40-million-city-view-project-breaks-ground-in-heart-of-st-george/#.Wj2vFm5lCEc
Popeye’s Chicken is now open at Boulder Crossing
Café Rio now open in Santa Clara
- People’s Town and Country Bank- Town and Country Bank and Bank of American Fork have merged into People’s Town and Country Bank. They also have purchased land in Boulder Crossing and will begin construction in 2018 on a new branch.
- Springdale- Canyon Ranch hotel has been torn down and is being replaced with a Best Western
- Virgin- There is a Marriott hotel underway and more development out there coming soon.
- La Verkin- A Wyndham hotel will be going under construction south of the Farmers Market
- Splash City Adventure Park- sign is UP! They’ve got also a website that shows what attractions will be part of the park. Check out http://splashcitysg.com/index.php!
Pieology- Pieology is replacing the Wing Nutz location on River Road in the Red Rock Commons next to Yogurtland. Construction is underway and is scheduled to be open in the next couple months!
For more info on the best local spots in St. George, check out thebestofstgeorge.com!
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see around town.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. Ground has been broken! More info here http://stgeorgenews.com/news/archive/2017/12/22/mgk-40-million-city-view-project-breaks-ground-in-heart-of-st-george/#.Wj2vFm5lCEc
- Short Creek Bakery & Pickle House- new bakery opening up on 800 E. Tabernacle St. No opening date confirmed yet but they are taking orders for Thanksgiving. More info available here https://www.facebook.com/Short-Creek-Bakery-140644183246549/
- Green Gate Village has been completely revived and it is such a cool downtown spot. Virgin Berri, Scout Cloth, Chef Alfredo, Twisted Silver, The Barber, and My Little Moon are now in business there.
Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project:
- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Stephen Henager’s College- construction is underway
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)- negotiating
- People’s Town and Country Bank- In permitting process
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr
- ACE Hardware- construction is underway
- Beans & Brews, Kneaders, and Bahama Bucks complex- construction is in progress
Desert Hills Plaza and Townhomes:
- 20,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 54 townhomes across from Desert Hills High School. A gas station will go in on the corner as well. Construction is under way.
Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Under Construction
- Assisted living home- construction is in progress. Next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend.
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverick. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
- Dinosaur Professional Park plat map recorded which means something is in the works there. It is located on Riverside Dr. just east of the Dinosaur museum.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Jamba Juice- Now OPEN.
Dixie State University:
- Student housing on 100 S. under construction and almost completed. Should be ready for 2018 Spring semester.
- Existing buildings on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. have been cleared and student housing will begin construction there soon that will be finished for the 2018 Fall Semester.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
- The Players Sports Grill building will be turned into Guadalajara Grill, an upscale Mexican restaurant.
- My Place hotel is now under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Staybridge Hotel is now under construction across from Furniture Row.
- Tru by Hilton is now under construction across from Furniture Row also.
- A new Findlay car dealership is now under construction.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open around the end of this month! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/87306700
St. George Blvd:
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Now OPEN!
- Comfort Suites Hotel- now OPEN.
- Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place. Under construction
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Mountain bike park is finally on its way. 60 acres across from Snow Canyon High, in the Sand Hollow wash, will turn into jumps and tracks. This will be huge for the mountain biking community. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/11/16/mgk-20-acres-of-biking-bliss-complete-with-jumps-tracks-and-flows-should-start-taking-shape-in-the-new-year/#.Wg9yVcanGUl
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Under construction.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy confirmed.
- Splash City Adventure Park- waiting on approval.
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
Promenade at Red Cliffs:
- Love your bath & body- new store next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love. It’s now OPEN!
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black
Bear Diner has broken ground and more businesses will follow suit. Stay tuned!
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future.
- Crimson Ridge Middle School and High School- under construction. Middle school will open fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
- Mountain America Credit Union- under construction in front of Lin’s. Set to open around the beginning of the year.
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara is now open.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Kayenta Center for the Arts- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here http://kayentaartsfoundation.org/cfa-home.html
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex– 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments– Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community– townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes– Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. more info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
- Santa Clara resort zone change approved. 83-acre resort with 450 vacation rentals and 21 craftsman style bed and breakfast homes will be built over the next 15-20 years. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/10/05/mgk-citing-economic-benefits-city-council-approves-zone-change-for-south-hills-resort-project/#.WdY-7WhSyUk
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
We reached 2130 new residential construction permits in 2017 which means there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of November, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- Taviawk Subdivision Phase 9-S
- Hughes Subdivision Ph 2
- Villas at Sun River St George Ph 2 and 3
Amended subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- Sienna Hills Shopping Center Ph 1 AMD
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- GeorgeFest Street Festival- January 5th at 8:00 PM downtown Main Street
- Shows playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770