Just like that, October is behind us and we are at the final stretch of 2017. My hope is that everyone enjoys the holiday season and has a great end to the year. There are multiple new exciting developments going on so check out what is new and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Desert Hills Plaza and Townhomes- 20,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 54 townhomes across from Desert Hills High School. A gas station will go in on the corner as well. Construction is under way.
- Santa Clara resort zone change approved. 83-acre resort with 450 vacation rentals and 21 craftsman style bed and breakfast homes will be built over the next 15-20 years. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/10/05/mgk-citing-economic-benefits-city-council-approves-zone-change-for-south-hills-resort-project/#.WdY-7WhSyUk
- Kayenta Center for the Arts- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here http://kayentaartsfoundation.org/cfa-home.html
- Short Creek Bakery & Pickle House- new bakery opening up on 800 E. Tabernacle St. No opening date confirmed yet but they are taking orders for Thanksgiving. More info available here https://www.facebook.com/Short-Creek-Bakery-140644183246549/
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
- The Players Sports Grill building has been purchased and a new restaurant will be going in there. No confirmation of what it will be yet, but there is something coming.
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see around town.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Closet Revival- new location now OPEN at 75 N. Main St. next to Bear Paw. More info available here https://closetrevival.com/
- Twisted Silver Jewelry- next to Judd’s on Tabernacle. OPEN.
Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project:
- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash
- Popeyes Chicken
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store
- Great Clips
- Kneaders, Bahama Bucks, Beans & Brews complex
- Orange Theory Fitness
- ACE Hardware- construction beginning soon. Finished by end of April, early May.
- Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Construction
- Assisted living home- construction is in progress. Next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend.
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverick. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
- Dinosaur Professional Park plat map recorded which means something is in the works there. It is located on Riverside Dr. just east of the Dinosaur museum.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Jamba Juice- Now OPEN.
Dixie State University:
- Student housing on 100 S. under construction and almost completed. Should be ready for 2018 Spring semester.
- Existing buildings on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. have been cleared and student housing will begin construction there soon that will be finished for the 2018 Fall Semester.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. OPEN.
St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- OPEN.
- Angelica’s restaurant- 101 E. St. George Blvd. OPEN.
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
- Comfort Suites Hotel- under construction behind Denny’s off St. George Blvd. Will be completed soon.
South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- OPEN.
Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, OPEN.
Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- OPEN.
- Baskin Robbins- OPEN.
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- OPEN.
1819 S. 20 E. (right behind Convention Center):
- Hyatt Place Hotel- OPEN
- My Place hotel will be going under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
Red Cliffs Dr:
- Waffle Love now has a store! With an even bigger menu. It’s located at 231 Red Cliffs Dr. #102 right next to Chipotle.
- Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place.
3050 E. (across from Costco):
- Marine United- new location being built across the street from Costco and Pine View High school.
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Infor
mation Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
- Moss & Timber Living Gifts and Home Décor- OPEN.
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. OPEN.
- Red Cliffs Plaza- Starbucks, Sleep Number, and AT&T store are all OPEN.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall. OPEN.
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location of out Southern Utah but declined because they wanted to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy confirmed.
- Splash City Adventure Park- waiting on approval.
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Approved for construction, no completion date confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Santa Clara expansion of 1,700 acres for residential and commercial development is one step closer to becoming reality. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/08/09/jcw-santa-clara-planning-commission-recommends-development-of-approximately-1700-acres-in-south-hills/#.WYto7YjyuUl
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- OPEN.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel- now OPEN.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- OPEN.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex– 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments– Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community– townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes– Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. more info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
Available Commercial Space:
With 1643 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of October, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in October (residential and commercial):
- Estates at Valderra Ph 3
- Blackhawk Townhomes Ph 4
- Sunset View Estates
- Harmon Farms Ph 1
- Villas at Sun River St. George Ph 1 & 4
- Arroyo at Sienna Hills Ph 2 & 3
- Sequoia Estates Ph 3
Amended subdivisions recorded in October (residential and commercial):
- Seville 2 Amd & Ext
- St. George Basket Brigade is happening again this year and their goal is provide Thanksgiving dinner for 250 families here in Washington County. You can donate your money or time to these efforts to make it happen. For more info go to http://stgeorgebasketbrigade.org/
- Pumpkin Chuckin- Free event at Staheli Farms on Nov. 4th between 11-2 pm. Homes for Hearts Foundation is having an event where they will be smashing pumpkins. All proceeds will go to Heather Warino Alvarado whose husband was killed in the Las Vegas Shooting. For more info go to givingbacktosouthernutah.org.
- Color Country Train Models- The Color Country Model Railroad Club has 21 houses open Nov. 3-6th with model railroads for display. Info for addresses and times is available at http://www.colorcountrytrains.org/p/layouts-on-display.html
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- GeorgeFest Street Festival- November 3rd at 8:00 PM downtown Main Street
- Piano Guys, The Fab Four, Bill Engvall, and Fairy Tale Christmas playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Downtown Farmers Market: Ancestor Square every Saturday from 8-12. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market: every Saturday from 9-1. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
- Light Up Red Hills Desert Garden- Monday Nov. 27th 5:30-6:30 christmas lighst, hot chocolate, and music
- The Gobbler- 10k, 5k, and 1k runs Thursday Nov. 23rd 8-11 AM at Crosby Family Confluence Park 1953 S. Convention Center Dr. More details email firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770