School’s almost back in session so I hope everybody is getting in their last couple days of summer vacation! Hopefully the temperatures start coming down some but it’s been a great summer here in St. George so far. Things keep moving and a lot of the new developments are making good progress. This fall and winter should be exciting. Check out what is new and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- WATER PARK!! http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/07/13/st-george-water-park-proposed/476255001/?hootPostID=07ba1133bfe6e2ca4555627173d15429
- New flight destination added to St. George Airport http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/07/25/skywest-announces-st-george-to-l-a-flight/509344001/?hootPostID=5ab82aef67dbb7fb6dc9e76c80622c7a
- Orange Theory Fitness- Dinosaur crossing complex where the new Smith’s is on Mall Drive. Memberships can be purchased now but will not be open until October/November. More info available here http://stgeorge.orangetheoryfitness.com/
- The new Smith’s on Mall Dr. is now OPEN as of August 2nd.
- Rocky Mountain Vista University is now OPEN. This project has increased the movement of real estate in the Ivins area and will have a huge impact out there in the years to come.
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Closet Revival- new location now OPEN at 75 N. Main St. next to Bear Paw. More info available here https://closetrevival.com/
Boulder Creek Crossing
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
- Smith’s Grocery Store- under construction. Estimated finish time is August 2017
- Kneaders, Bahama Bucks, and Ace Hardware are all confirmed. Construction is under way.
Riverside Dr: (next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend)
- Assisted living home- construction is underway
Riverside Dr and Mall Dr intersection:
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverik. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
Riverside Dr. (across from complex where Be Hot Yoga is):
- Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Dirt is being moved but no construction yet.
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
- Angelica’s restaurant- 101 E. St. George Blvd. Irmita’s is becoming Angelica’s and they will be moving from the Bluff/Blvd. corner to this location. Hoping to be open this month.
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- now OPEN.
- Baskin Robbins- now OPEN.
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- now OPEN.
1819 S 120 E: (right behind the Convention Center
- Hyatt Place Hotel- opening mid-August 2017
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
- Moss & Timber Living Gifts and Home Décor- now OPEN. More info available here https://www.mossandtimber.co/contact
Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Red Cliffs Plaza- 4-tenant building on the intersection of Red Cliffs/Green springs Dr. across from In N Out. Starbucks, Sleep Number mattress store, and now AT&T are confirmed, but the fourth is not.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall.
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location but declined to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. Cell phone store confirmed.
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
ittle Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- under construction and expected to open and be accepting students by August 2017.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel- under construction, no confirmed completion date.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish by April 2017
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- almost completed, but no confirmed completion date.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields by the new Smith’s. In the permitting process.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Plat is recorded and construction is underway.
Available Commercial Space:
- 321 W. Tabernacle St.: 1,500 sq ft undeveloped office space. In the same building as Precision Hearing.
With 943 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of June, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in May (residential and commercial):
- Taviawk Subdivision Ph 9-R
- Sky Ridge Subdivision Ph 11
- Redwood Estates Ph 3 & 4
- Ledges of St. George Hidden Pinyon Ph 2
- Ledges of St. George Northgate Peaks Ph 2
- Mulberry Fields
- Desert Heights Ph 2
- Meadow Pointe Subdivision
- Stone Cliff Ph 4 Amd
There is a GoFundMe and bank account at Zions Bank open for the family of Kristy Manzanares that passed away last week. She was a big part of the real estate community and her daughters could really use the help. The GoFundMe account link is https://www.gofundme.com/fund-for-the-manzanares-family or you can go to Zions Bank and put it under “Kristy Manzanares foundation”.
- Summer Bon Voyage Movie Under the Stars- 6-10 PM at the Gubler Park in Santa Clara. The movie is Pets and there will also be games, vendors, food, prizes. More info available here https://www.facebook.com/events/251779721969454/
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- FitCon St. George expo- August 4th and 5th at the Dixie Convention Center. More info available here
- Sunset on the Square: Friday August 11th 8:00-10:15 PM the movie showing is Jungle book at Town Square and on August 25th7:40-10:00 PM showing Sing.
- Shrek the Musical, Mamma Mia, and Newsies playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Downtown Farmers Market: Ancestor Square every Saturday from 8-12. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market: every Saturday from 9-1. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainement every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
- “The View” at the St. George Art Museum- open every day except Sunday 10-5 PM
- The Best of St. George website- new website coming soon that will have all the best parts of the St. George area. Restaurants, businesses, hikes, things to do, etc.
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770