Normally things tend to slow down in the summertime, but it doesn’t appear it’s going to be that way this year. Between new residential construction, commercial construction, and businesses opening or on the move, there were 22 new subdivisions recorded last month! That’s the most in a month I’ve seen since I entered the business. Check out what is new and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, let me know and I can help them get started.
Enjoy and have a Happy 4th of July!
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. 3284 Deseret Dr, St George, UT 84790 in the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Closet Revival– new location now OPEN at 75 N. Main St. next to Bear Paw. More info available here https://closetrevival.com/
- AT&T store going in the new Starbucks and Sleep Number complex off Exit 10 in Washington.
- Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place.
- Pine View 10 Plaza– a new retail building with 2 spaces. Cell phone store confirmed.
- Moss & Timber Living Gifts and Home Décor- grand opening July 15th 9-6 PM with refreshments and raffle giveaways. 1122 W. Sunset Blvd. #2 Saint George, UT 84770. More info available here https://www.mossandtimber.co/contact
- Riverfront Medical Center– Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Dirt is being moved but no construction yet.
- Angelica’s restaurant– 101 E. St. George Blvd. Irmita’s is becoming Angelica’s and they will be moving from the Bluff/Blvd. corner to this location. Hoping to be open this month.
- Café Sabor– 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
- Hyatt Place Hotel behind the Dixie Center will be opening mid-August. More info available here https://www.facebook.com/hyattplacestgeorge/
- St. George Family History Center- now OPEN.
- Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
- Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Foothills Plaza:
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
- Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store- under construction. Estimated finish time is August 2017
- Kneaders, Bahama Bucks, and Ace Hardware are all confirmed. Construction is under way.
- Riverside Dr: (next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend)
- Assisted living home- construction is underway
- Riverside Dr and Mall Dr intersection:
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverik. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
- Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished toward the end of this summer, early fall.
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
- 1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
- 312 W. St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
- South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
- Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
- Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- now OPEN.
- Baskin Robbins- now OPEN.
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
- 200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- now OPEN.
- 1819 S 120 E: (right behind the Convention Center)
- Hyatt Place Hotel- opening mid-August 2017
- Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- Sunset Blvd:
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
- Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Washington City
- Red Cliffs Plaza- 4-tenant building on the intersection of Red Cliffs/Green springs Dr. across from In N Out. Starbucks and a Sleep Number mattress store are confirmed, the third and fourth are not.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall.
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location but declined to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
- Exit 13:
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
- Santa Clara:
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- under construction and expected to open and be accepting students by August 2017.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel– under construction, no confirmed completion date.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane– on schedule to finish by April 2017
- La Verkin:
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- almost completed, but no confirmed completion date.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Townhome/Apartment complexes:
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex– 240 units in Washington Fields by the new Smith’s. In the permitting process.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community– townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Plat is recorded and construction is underway.
- Available Commercial Space:
- 321 W. Tabernacle St.: 1,500 sq ft undeveloped office space. In the same building as Precision Hearing.
- With 943 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of June, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in May (residential and commercial):
- Sun River St George Ph 43B
- Primavera Commercial Minor Subdivision
- Crimson High School & Middle School Minor Subdivision
- South Rim at Foremaster Ridge Ph 1
- Tonaquint Terrace Ph 4
- Brio Ph 3A
- Cottonwood Creek Ph 4
- Rice Ranch Subdivision
- Town Center at Coral Canyon
- Bringhurst Farm Subdivision
- Fossil Hills Townhomes Ph 1
- Fossil Hills Townhomes Ph 2
- Taviawk Subdivision Ph 11-M
- Zion Village Townhomes PUD Ph 1
- Brookhaven Fields Ph 5
- Desert Valley Ph 1
- Blackhawk Townhomes Ph 3
- Entrade at Snow Canyon Chaco West Ph 4B
- Bloomington Country Club 11
- Sequoia Estates Ph 2
- Pioneer Crossing Ph 5
- The Cove at Little Valley Ph 2
- Amended subdivisions recorded in May (residential and commercial):
- Tamarack Ridge Estates Ph 4 2nd Amd
- Dinosaur Crossing Subdivision Ph 2 Amd
- Canyon Greens Commercial Center Ph B 3rd Amd
- Bloomington Country Club 2 Amd & Ext
- Wendell Gubler Subdivision 2nd Amd
- Creekside Townhomes Amd
- Estates at Green Spring Amd
- Pinion Hills Ph 3, 4, 5 Amd
- Stone Cliff Ph 10 Amd
- Charity Opportunity:
- Coins for Kids- donations are being accepted now for the annual Coins for Kids charity event and they are beginning the festivities early. Saturday September 16th from 10-4 PM there will be a Quilt Walk and Crafts fundraiser at the Falls Event Center. There will be food trucks, quilts, crafts, and more. There are vendor and sponsorship opportunities and donations are being taken now. Call Dale Rae for more info 435-229-8669
- Diamond Rio and Sawyer Brown 4th of July Celebration: July 4th at Legend Solar Stadium. More information available here http://999konycountry.com/community/st-george-4th-of-july-celebration/
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- Concert in the Park: Che Zuro- Folk Rock. Vernon Worthern Park Monday July 10th at 7:30
- Date Night at the St. George Museum: Friday July 14thFREE at the St George Museum
- Sunset on the Square: Friday July 14th 8:30-10:20 PM the movie showing is Little Rascals at Town Square and on July 28th8:20-10:25 PM showing Trolls
- Pioneer Day Celebration: Parade and Games at the Park. More info available here https://washingtoncity.org/tex/page.php?category=info§ion=calendar&page=datedetails&date=07/24/2017
- Pioneer Pool Party and Firework Show: July 24th from 6-10 PM at the Washington Community Center. More info available here https://washingtoncity.org/tex/page.php?category=info§ion=calendar&page=datedetails&date=07/24/2017
- Shrek the Musical: playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Downtown Farmers Market: Ancestor Square every Saturday from 8-12. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market: every Saturday from 9-1. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770