I hear more and more good news about developments as time goes on, and it’s making me more excited each time. Below is an updated list of what is happening around town, and remember I am never too busy for your referrals.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Dinosaur Crossing in the Linn’s complex: Kneaders, Bahama Bucks, and Ace Hardware are all confirmed. Construction is under way.
- Boulder Creek Crossing: Pop Shop (Swig competitor) has been added to the list
- Baskin Robbins Grand Opening off exit 4 in Bloomington. 2696 Pioneer Rd Saturday June 10th from 12-4 PM
- Hustle Nutrition and Crimson Pharmacy in the Foothills Plaza next to Fiiz are now OPEN
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location but declined to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store- under construction. Estimated finish time is March 2017
Riverside Dr: (next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend)
- Assisted living home- moving dirt, construction is underway
Riverside Dr and Mall Dr intersection:
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverik. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished toward the end of this summer, early fall.
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
312 W. St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- under construction, no completion date confirmed.
- Baskin Robbins- grand opening Saturday June 10th from 12-4 PM
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
1819 S 120 E: (right behind the Convention Center)
- Hyatt Place Hotel- next to the Holiday Inn. Permit pulled 9/8, under construction. No completion time confirmed.
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Red Cliffs Plaza- 4-tenant building on the intersection of Red Cliffs/Green springs Dr. across from In N Out. Starbucks and a Sleep Number mattress store are confirmed, the third and fourth are not.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall.
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- under construction and expected to open and be accepting students by August 2017.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel– under construction, no confirmed completion date.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane– on schedule to finish by April 2017
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- almost completed, but no confirmed completion date.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex– 240 units in Washington Fields by the new Smith’s. In the permitting process.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community– townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Moving dirt now.
With 732 permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of May.
New subdivisions recorded in May (residential and commercial): strong>
- Peregrine Pointe Ph 2-B
- Coyote Flats Subdivision
- Desert Crest Ph 4
- Ritas Dream Subdivision
- Iron Horse Ph 1
- Rocky Pointe Subdivision
- Arbors Ph 2
- Andrea’s Garden Subdivision
- Tonaquint Heights Ph 3
Amended subdivisions recorded in May (residential and commercial):
- Tanner Minor Subdivision AMD
- Georgefest: Friday June 2nd at 6:00 PM. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/06/02/13520/
- What Women Want Expo: June 2-3 10-8 PM at the Dixie Center. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/06/02/13260/
- Disney’s NEWSIES- The Broadway Musical: throughout the month at 8:00 PM at Tuacahn. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/06/02/13256/
- Downtown Farmers Market at Ancestor Square: every Saturday 8AM-12 PM more info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Shrek the Musical: throughout the month at 8 PM at Tuacahn. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/06/05/13255/
- Sunset on the Square: Friday June 9th at the Town Square. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/06/09/13493/
- Concert in the Park Joy & Eric: Monday June 12th 7:30 PM at Vernon Worthern Park. More info available here https://www.sgcity.org/sportsandrecreation/allartsandrecreation/concertinthepark
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770